Setting Benchmark Windows
One of the first steps to set up your Acadience Learning Online account is to set the school calendar and benchmark testing windows.
Assessment windows are flexible, and can be scheduled for any time within the following months of your school year:
- Beginning of Year (Benchmark 1): Months 1-3
- Middle of Year (Benchmark 2): Months 4-6
- End of Year (Benchmark 3): Months 7-9
To set your benchmark windows:
- Click on the purple "My District" button on the top of your screen
- Click on your district's name
- Select “edit district” in the right-hand corner
- Click "Next: Time Periods" and set your benchmark windows
- Click “Next: Settings”
- Click the purple "Save Changes" button to submit your changes
As a note, if different grades or different schools want to provide the benchmark assessment at different times, we would recommend setting the benchmark testing window in ALO to be earlier of the two schedules. This is because the green Assess sidebar will only show students available for benchmark testing on or after the first day that the district's benchmark testing window opens. However, students can still be tested for the same benchmark assessment after the benchmark testing window closes, as long as it falls within the appropriate months listed above. In essence, students can not be tested early, but they can be tested a bit late.