The following options for administering students are available to school-level and district-level
- Add. Allows you to manually add students to a school and class within your district. Note that we recommend using Import Students rather than adding students manually. To add students manually, first select the school to which you wish to add students and click Submit. On the next page, select the class, grade, and year for which you are adding students, and click Submit. Since classes can include multiple grades, be careful to select both the correct class and correct grade.
- View. Allows you to view the list of students rostered in a class. You can click on a student's name to see the Student Summary page for that student.
- Edit. Allows you to view the list of students rostered in a class. You can click on a student's name to see the Student Summary page for that student. The Student Summary page allows you to edit the student's name and Student ID, demographic information, and rostering information.
- Delete. Allows you to find students based on first name, last name, or Student ID, and then select from a list of matching students to delete all information about the selected students. This should only be used for student records that were entered by mistake. If a student has ever had valid scores entered in the system, that student should not be deleted.
- Identify Students Who Have Moved Away. Allows you to indicate if a student moved away from a school or district. To identify students who have moved, select Identify Students Who Have Moved Away from the Administrative menu. Select the school, year, grade, and class. This will bring up a list of students assigned to the selected class. Find the student you wish to identify as having moved away and click the box in the column labeled "Moved Away" next to his or her name. Once finished, click Update Data.
Students who have been marked as having moved away will remain rostered to the same school and class (unless they are later moved into another school or class), but will no longer appear on reports or data entry pages on which they do not have scores. They will still be listed on pages and reports where they do have scores entered.
The following option for administering students is available to district-level administrative users only:
- Delete Inactive Student Records. Allows you to find and delete records for students that do not have any scores entered into Acadience Data Management. If it is the only rostering record for a student, then the entire student is deleted. This allows you to delete student records that were entered by mistake or students who left the district before being tested.
- Select Delete Inactive Students from the Administrative menu.
- Select the year and click Submit. This will bring up a summary of the total number of students in your account and will indicate the number of records that are inactive as well as the records for students that are inactive and have been marked as having moved away.
*Note that you should wait until all testing and data entry has been completed so you do not accidentally delete students who were absent during testing.
- Once you have decided to proceed with the deletion, select either Delete inactive records that have been marked as moved away or Delete all inactive records from the drop-down menu.
- Then, click Proceed with Deletions. The following page will confirm your action.