To view the options available for Importing Users, select the Import Data option from the main menu and select "Import Users."
To import users, set up your import file according to the directions below. Your import file should be a tab-delimited text file with the following fields:
- Username: A username must be unique across all of Acadience Data Management. (Required)
- Password: Passwords must be at least four characters and should not include the following symbols: ' \ ; ? ! (Required)
- Scope: The allowed values for the Scope column are:
- Class - the user will have access to the designated class
- School - the user will have access to an entire school
- District - the user will have access to the entire district
- Access Level: The allowed values for the Access Level column are:
- Admin - user can enter data, view reports, and use administrative functions
- Data - user can enter data and view reports
- PM - user can view reports and enter progress monitoring data, but cannot enter benchmark data
- Reports - user can view reports
- School: The school to which you are giving the user access (Required for school- and class-level users; leave blank for district-level users)
- Class: The class to which you are giving the user access (Required for class level users; leave blank for school- and district-level users)
- Email Address: If an e-mail address is entered, the user will be able to reset his/her password using the 'Forgot your password?' link on the Acadience Data Management home page. (Optional but recommended)
- Staff ID: The staff member's ID number, which must be unique within a district. The Staff ID is optional, but allows future imports to update existing users.
The file can be constructed in Excel or another spreadsheet program, then saved as tab-delimited text. When importing a new user that needs access to multiple classes or schools, include a separate row for each class or school to which you are granting the user access, while keeping the same username or password on each row.
When adding additional classes or schools to a user that already exists within Acadience Data Management, or when making any other changes to an existing user, the Staff ID for that user must already be set within the Acadience system, and the Staff ID in the import file must match.