What is Acadience Reading?
Acadience Reading is a universal screening and progress monitoring assessment that measures the acquisition of early literacy skills from kindergarten through sixth grade. The assessment is composed of six brief measures that function as indicators of the essential skills that every child must master to become a proficient reader. These measures are used to regularly monitor the development of early literacy skills in order to provide timely instructional support and prevent the occurrence of later reading difficulties.
By design, the Acadience Reading measures are brief, powerful indicators of foundational early literacy skills that:
• are quick and efficient to administer and score;
• serve as universal screening (or benchmark assessment) and progress monitoring measures;
• identify students in need of intervention support;
• evaluate the effectiveness of interventions; and
• support the RtI/Multi-tiered model.
For more information please see the Assessment Manual located on the