Why use Acadience Reading?
Acadience Reading provides reliable and valid universal screening to find students who may be at risk for reading difficulties. These measures also help identify the skills to target for instructional support. Acadience Reading also provides progress monitoring measures for at-risk students while they receive additional, targeted instruction to close achievement gaps. Finally, these measures assist educators in examining the effectiveness of school-wide literacy supports.
The advantages of Acadience Reading are that it:
• directly measures foundational early literacy skills that are responsive to instruction;
• is standardized;
• is thoroughly researched, reliable, and valid;
• is designed for use within a problem-solving, Outcomes-Driven Model of decision-making;
• provides research-based benchmark goals for interpreting results; and
• is efficient and economical.
For more information please see the Assessment Manual located on the